What is the most effective technique you have found to manage anxiety?
We challenged our readers to answer this very question. Read below to see the top answers! And try some of these ideas out for yourself - you might be surprised just how many work!
We challenged our readers to answer this very question.
Read below to see the top answers! And try some of these ideas out for yourself - you might be surprised just how many work!
- Take a break. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage or learn relaxation techniques. Take the time out to clear your head
- Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
- Consider limiting alcohol and caffeine consumption, as these can exacerbate feelings of anxiety while also triggering panic attacks.
- Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
- Exercise daily to help you relax, exercise (even just a short walk!) is an incredible stress reliever.
- Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly.
- Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 if necessary.
- Do your best. Aiming for perfection is unrealistic, so be proud of however close you get to it.
- Accept that you can't control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
- Humor can go a long way. Don't be afraid to laugh
- Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Get involved. Join some groups and find other ways to help out that are related to your interests. This will not only give you a chance to get involved in something meaningful, but will also allow you the opportunity to make new friends.
- Keep a journal. Keeping track of your anxiety triggers can help to identify what may cause the feelings, and also how you are able to manage those challenges.
- Talk to someone. Let friends and family know you are feeling overwhelmed so they can try to be as helpful as possible. Talk to a physician or therapist for advice on what other steps you may want to take, like therapy.